Friday, November 21, 2008

Down Market

I have been investing in the stock market since 1993 give or take a year. I was recently (yesterday) looking through my various portfolios and realized that I am loosing money on almost every stock I own. The main exception is Apple stock. Apple is still up 1000% from what I paid for it in 2002.

Mean while stocks I bought in the early to mid 1990's are "underwater" now. I don't want to see the 52 week range of stocks now, I think a useful metric is the last 520 week range. For Ford and GM you might want something like the 5200 week range.

After today's good day I have 4 stocks where I'm not losing money: AAPL, BRK-B, NVS, and YUM. Apple is still the only one where the plus side is significant. I wonder what next week will bring.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home