Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Problem with Derivatives

Last night a friend called and told me that I should listen to Fresh Air on NPR. I did turn it on in time to catch part of the interview with former Wall Street trader Frank Partnoy. I was able to catch part of it and plan to get the podcast and listen to all of it.

Partnoy wrote a book back in the 1990's about derivatives trading on Wall Street, called Fiasco:. What follows after that on the title seems to have changed with reprints and is now "The Inside Story of a Wall Street Trader". The first title was F.I.A.S.C.O. Blood in the Water on Wall Street. He also has a new book coming out called The Match King.

In between these books he also wrote Infectious Greed: How Deceit and Risk Corrupted the Financial Markets.

From what I heard, the interview is definitely worth hearing, and the books are probably worth reading. Check them out from your library, buy from Amazon, or swing buy your local bookstore.


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home