Thursday, February 23, 2006

Which Ben?

When I first set up this blog I named it with Ben Franklin in mind. How ever over the next weeks or months you might begin to think it was in reference to Benjamin Graham. Graham is credited with teaching Warren Buffett how to invest. Buffett is, of course, known as the most successful stock investor of our time.

I recently decided to start reading about Buffett's investment style after realizing that I have been practicing much of it since the tech bubble burst and the 9/11 attacks. So this past week I started reading The Warren Buffett Portfolio by Robert G. Hagstrom. A good friend of mine has been reading about and trying to practice the Buffett investment philosophy since 2000 (or a little earlier). Even though I am just over a third of my way through my first book on Buffett I can already tell I have a very different interpretation on Buffett's investment philosophy than my friend does.

In the following weeks I will discuss my understanding of this approach on this blog.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home